Better World Books is looking for libraries and nonprofit organizations with “Life Changing” ideas which help advance a compelling literacy project. Better World Books partners with thousands of libraries across the world. In addition to working with international nonprofit groups like Room to Read and Books for Africa, we also fund community-focused projects that have an impact at the local level.
Got a “Life Changing” idea that advances literacy in your library or community? Well, if you want to make it happen, we want to make it possible.
Our grants are intended to compile a wide range of projects and fund the ones that have the longest-lasting impact in their library or community.
The maximum grant amount per project will be $10,000 in North America or £10,000 in U.K. (or equivalent in Euros). You can apply for a grant that is less than this amount.
Applications will be open in late February 2019. Library applications will be open to libraries located in the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Nonprofit applications are open to nonprofit organizations globally.
As you develop your Life Changing literacy project , keep the following in mind:
- Answer questions fully. Where questions have multiple parts, be sure to address all parts. Omissions make it difficult to evaluate your application.
- Projects should address the literacy needs of under-served populations in their community. Literacy needs are defined by broadly identifying, understanding, interpreting, creating, communicating, and computing information to live a more fulfilling and productive life.
- Organizations may pitch only one project each, with a maximum award of $10,000 in North America or £10,000 in U.K. (or equivalent in or Euros). You can apply for a grant that this less than the maximum. Please be sure to clearly outline the project elements that require the requested funds.
- Projects that will have a measurable and long term impact on an under-served population and will continue to operate after grant funds have been utilized will be looked upon favorably.
- Better World Books looks forward to reviewing applications that bring a fresh and inspired approach to challenging issues.